ADIC activates Agreement with Alliance of Civilizations’ Media Arm to Support Culture of Peace in Cordoba
July 25, 2010 – Madrid
Click to view
On July 25, 2010, the activation of the Agreement of Cooperation finalized in Córdoba a month earlier, was signed in Madrid by Mr. Manuel Palacios Sanchet, president of Parque International de la Paz Euromediterraneo; Dr. Aly Elsamman, president of ADIC; and Mr. Enrique Gaspar, president of Nexos Alianza.
This activation of the previous agreement elaborates the details of the programs mentioned in the original agreement in Cordoba, on June 28, 2010. These programs are summarized in the following 5 points.
1. Organizing an encounter of young people - representatives of the future - of different religions and races in Córdoba and in Egypt, to affirm the importance of common values.
2. Placing in the forefront the importance of music, the soul of the people, by organizing two musical encounters: one in Egypt around the Flamenco, and one in Córdoba around the famous Muslim-Christian singing group directed by Mr. Entessar Abd el Fattah.
3. The role that the media can play to internationalize the exemplary model of Córdoba, by inviting to Córdoba a group of Egyptian, Arab and European journalists to learn about the deep sense of this model.
4. Promoting the model of the Parque International to potential Egyptian and Arab industrial partners, so that together with the people of Cordoba they can confirm their common ethical targets of peace and positive coexistence.
5. Creating an “Egyptian House” in Córdoba for the exchange of ideas around peace, understanding and tolerance, as well as to promote the model of the “Egyptian House” for the same purpose in other Arab countries.